Skip to main content

Answering Your Q's

 


 Answering Your Q's


Q: Dave could you explain what level of involvement do you have in the music industry? (Hobby, side project, part-time or full-time?) 


A: In my first 10 years as a musician I played in working, professional bands almost exclusively, filling in the corners with casual non-musical work here and there. 

When I caught the hand drum bug 30 years ago there were very few sources of the instruments I was interested in (djembes, talking drums) so I started building plastics, hemp and fiberglass drums for custom order only. 

I would say I am still a full timer in the music industry, just not necessarily playing full time. 

My days are actually VERY full - I balance teaching drum kit and hand drums through our studio and group workshops, playing in a weekend band (Tantrum), building and repairing hand drums and manufacturing a line of conga accessories. 

If I'm not doing these things, I'm presented with a long list from my business partner and wife. I'm responsible for maintaining the Brummet Media Group's websites, dealing with our publishers, and anything technological from videos to graphic images or audio files, etc.  I also manage most of the face-to-face activities such as dealing with the staff at retail stores that carry our books.


~~ 
 Find us online via : 

Comments