Skip to main content

Dave Answers Your Q's


 Answering Your Q's


Q:  Dave - How long have you been working in the music industry?


A: I have been working as a professional drummer since the mid 80’s playing both drum kit and percussion in "top 40" and "classic rock" cover bands, a Grateful Dead tribute band, and a few original bands. My world really opened up when I got involved in hand drums and added multi-percussion to my list of skills.

 

Over the years I have enjoyed playing in many different genres from the blues, salsa, R&B, reggae to country and original projects too. 

On the stage, I have had the pleasure of playing alongside some of the best musicians around! Working with recording studios as a freelance percussionist balanced out the times when the bands were not getting bookings.

When we had relocated to a smaller town that had fewer gig opportunities, the bands I played in were more challenging to maintain and it meant there was more travel on my part to get to the out-of-town gigs. My teaching studio and repair services, however, kicked in big time after we relocated to a smaller community.  

I also found work in the local theatre productions and I stood out because I could play all these cool instruments like African talking drums, Brazilian cuica, and all my weird sound effects collection that crowds the studio.


~~ 
 Find us online via : 




Comments